A Caring Service For Pets At Our Surgery Or In Your Home
A Caring Service For Pets At Our Surgery Or In Your Home


Q. How do I register with you?
A. Please get in touch by phone or email. We will need to contact your previous vets to get your pet’s history so it is essential that, if we are able to register you, you do so when your pet is well as we can only treat registered patients. As we wish to give our patients and clients adequate time to discuss health concerns, we have, at times, had to temporarily close our books to new patients. In this case, you can be added to our waiting list.

Q. What if my pet needs an operation?
A. We have operating, xray and diagnostic facilities at Darwin Cottage where we can carry out a large range of surgical and medical procedures in comfortable surroundings. However, where needed we have access to overnight hospital facilities at Kew Vets in Harlow and can arrange referral to specialists for wrap-around care.

Q. I have pet insurance, can you deal directly with this?
A. We deal with all pet insurance companies. Once all the necessary information is provided by owners, claims information can be swiftly uploaded onto the online portal that most companies now have. Paper forms can also be dealt with where online services are not provided. There is NO CHARGE for this service. In certain circumstances and by agreement of the practice, claims can sometimes be made directly from the insurance company.

Q. Can you help me travel with my pet?
A. We can only do this for our own registered clients. Since 31st December 2020, it is necessary to have an Animal Health Certificate(AHC) for travel within the EU; Pet Passports are no longer valid. Travel further afield may need different documentation. The AHC is a lengthy document, need a long appointment and we need plenty of notice to be able to accommodate it's completion. It is still a legal requirement for pets to be treated against tapeworm 1-5 days before travelling back to GB and BEFORE travelling to certain countries such as N Ireland, Ireland, Finland, Norway and Malta.

More information is available at www.gov.uk/taking-your-pet-abroad

Q. Are you able to help me with all aspects of my pet’s health?
A. Yes. From the beginning to the end of your pet's life, we can help you to keep your pet as healthy as possible by tailoring routine vaccinations, parasite control, weight control and senior care specifically for their personal needs.

Q. If I think my pet has come to the end and I would like it to pass away at home, can this be arranged?
A. Allowing a pet to pass away peacefully at home is something we feel very passionate about. When possible, we can try to arrange euthanasia at home for our own registered clients.